by Dianne Mason
Help your students learn how rhythm and rhyme work in poetry with this fun lesson on parody poetry. The package includes the following:
- A 26 slide Power Point presentation on poetic devices
- A step-by-step plan on introducing parody to your students that uses clips from comedians and popular music.
- Links to numerous examples of parodies of famous poems as well as other poems used in the lesson.
- A worksheet to help students create a parody of their own or for use in creating a whole class parody.
- Vocabulary list
- Rubric for grading students’ parodies
- Quiz on poetic devices (with answer key)
A great, fun lesson. Dianne
This lesson can be found at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Parody-Poetry-Studying-Rhythm-and-Rhyme-690508
Visit my Teacher's Pay Teacher's Store for more English Language Arts Lessons
You can also visit my Pinterest boards for even more great teaching ideas. http://www.pinterest.com/diannehmason/