Activity: Nonfiction Reading and Writing Analysis
by Connie Casserly
This FREE 8-page product offers:
1. Almost 2-pages of Teacher Notes and teaching suggestions.
2. A Student Directions page that lists Types of Articles as well as Types of Newspapers, Magazines, Online article sources and Texts.
3. A detailed analysis worksheet for note-taking
4. A Ten Sentence format page so students can write a summary of the article using information from their notes, and
5. A format for students to expand their writing proficiency by turning a summary into a full-length essay.
This FREE Common Core and Bloom's Taxonomy aligned activity should be used with any core nonfiction reading as well as for raising reading comprehension thinking and writing skills proficiencies.
Empower your students to be well-prepared for any standardized testing that looms on their winter/spring horizon.
Download it from: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Activity-Nonfiction-Reading-and-Writing-Analysis-706269