An English Teacher's Garden
Whether you’re teaching the novel, short stories, film or plays this lesson is for you. The 33-slide power point presentation covers questions one should ask before reading a work of fiction, makes suggestions for becoming a more receptive reader, presents the elements of fiction along with examples, and provides hints and suggestions for how to write a literary analysis.
Also included are the following:
- Thorough explanations of fiction elements
- Questions to get students thinking about how each element works within the story.
- Handout of general guidelines for writing a literary essay.
- Handouts for analyzing character, setting, theme, and point of view.
- Graphic organizers
- List of common character traits
- List of literary terms
- Group activities
- Peer review guidelines
- Assessment forms