Why not end the school year off in a fun, innovative, and creative unit on Awesome
Inventions That Changed Our World. It's been recently updated, revised, and improved with everything you need for the entire inventions unit.
Famous Inventions Mini-books
Three Articles about Cool Kid Inventors
Vocabulary Flip-Flap Book & Posters
Engaging Student Activities
Invention Research Organizer & PowerPoint Outline
Teacher’s Scoring Guide
Then read three articles about cool kid inventors and do the inventions activities to pique student interest.
Use the vocabulary flip-flap book in their notebooks.
Have students choose their invention to research and begin the research phase.
Complete the ”Awesome Inventions Organizer” by researching my assigned invention using a variety of resources including online encyclopedias, nonfiction books, history textbooks, biographies, educational videos and websites.
Present your PowerPoint and the model of your invention to the class.
• Students will research an invention that changed our world.
• Students will learn how these inventions impacted and benefited our society and world.
• Students will learn about a variety of inventions through different genres of texts including nonfiction, informational, online encyclopedias, biographies, realistic fiction, educational videos and websites.
• Students will complete a timeline showing how their invention changed over time.
• Students will use a Venn diagram to compare and contrast their assigned invention from the beginning to now.
• Students will show on a map where the original invention was created and by whom.
• Students will create a visual aid to use for their presentation to the class
Here's a Sneak Peak of what's Inside This 48 Page Innovative Unit: