by Hilda Ratliff
Click HERE to preview the resource.
1. Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Like Denominators
2. Introduction to Mixed Numbers
3. Changing Mixed Numbers to Improper Fractions
4. Changing Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers
5. Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers with Like Denominators
6. Word Problems – Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Three of the activities may be used to introduce new concepts of adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers. Students are engaged as they shade in visual models and complete the missing parts of steps to solve problems. Different strategies are presented for students to use to add and subtract mixed numbers.
Independent practice is included in each activity.
Detailed teacher notes and answer keys are included.