by: Connie Casserly
Question -Why is February a terrific month for teaching Animal Farm by George Orwell?
Answer- Because Monday, February 16, 2015 is President's Day and Animal Farm is concerned with choosing a leader who put the people's needs first.
This thought-provoking unit includes
- 15 handouts, covering
- the elements of literature
- background information on George Orwell,
- research on the Bolshevik Revolution -who, what, when, where and why
- allegorical elements regarding major Russian leaders of this period
- propaganda techniques
- vocabulary from the novella, and
- literary terms
- a 100 point test
- three projects-one a Student Manifesto
- two crossword puzzles-one on characters, the other on quotations
- answer keys
- and much more.
Download this 34-page unit plan from https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Animal-Farm-Unit-Plan-1616.
With possible candidates opening the doors to the 2016 Presidential campaign, it's never too early for students to think about and discuss - What do the people want?
Teach it Write- Build Powerful Academic Homes