This resource offers easy answers and activities to help you teach
the first 3 Syllable Types-Closed, Silent-e and Open. (30 Pages)
Six written syllable-spelling conventions are used in English spelling.
These were regularized by Samuel Webster to justify his 1806 dictionary’s division of syllables.
* Did you know....? The title of this product: "I Hope for Gum,"
contains one example of each syllable type!
Inside you will find:
- Syllable Information Sheet
- Closed Syllable Anchor Chart
- Closed Syllable Match and Recording Sheet
(24 word cards & 1 recording sheet)
- Open Syllable Anchor Chart
- The Gumball Game (1 board game & 72 word cards)
- Silent-‐e Syllable Anchor Chart
- Silent-‐e / Closed Syllable Memory (54 cards)
Graphics: From the Pond